We'd like to remind our residents of the following:
- Although you can see our plows, our drivers might not be able to see you.Â Please maintain a safe distance betweenÂ your vehicle and our trucks.
- Do not park vehicles on any township road or right-of-way when snow has fallen or is predicted to fall.Â Please do not place your garbage containers in the street.Â Objects in the roadway are one of the biggest problems while plowing snow.
- We make every effort to avoid damaging mailboxes, however, if your mailbox is not secured properly the snow from the plow may knock the mailbox from the post.Â It is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure their mailbox is secured.Â Please check your mailbox.
- We know it's frustrating to shovel your driveway and then have the plow come by and push snow back at the entrance.ÂÂ When removing snow from your driveway place the snow to the right of the driveway (if you are facing the road).ÂÂ If snow is piled on the left it will likely be plowed back into the driveway when the plow goes by.
- To avoid shoveling your driveway entrance twice wait until our trucks are finished plowing your street before you shovel the end of your driveway.
- Do not shovel or blow snow into the street.ÂÂ This not only defeats the purpose of our snow plowing but causes unsafe conditions for all drivers.
- Cul-de-sacs are the most time consuming streets to plow.ÂÂ They are more difficult to clear because of the limited space to dump snow without burying driveways and mailboxes.